Ready to win something….

Hi everyone!!!! I hope Thanksgiving was wonderful for every just like it was for us!! We ate Turkey until we almost got sick and I have been SUCKED up in this Twilight series like its no bodies business…I have seen the movie TWICE now and Ive got a date with my friend Bethany to go see it again in the next week or so…if anyone can explain to me whats making this series attach itself to me..PLEASE let me know! I celebrated my 26th (shesh!!!!) birthday by reading Twilight (yes..all 500 pages in 2 days….!!!) and I finished New Moon 2 days later (yet ANOTHER 500 pages) and Im on book 3 now so…my holiday was spent relaxing and filling my head with stuff that really didnt matter…and for that..i was very thankful! Sometime I forget how to rest…how to relax..how to SIT…and we got to do a lot of that over the little break. 🙂

HOWEVER….this post is NOT about Thanksgiving…its about CHRISTMAS! Tis the season for giving and I know that over my 26 years year on earth..i have received some of the best presents a girl could get! I remember my first bicycle…I woke up on Christmas morning to see that my whole living room had been decorated in pink and white streamers by Santa and his team…and he left the most BEAUTIFUL pink and white bike for me! Complete with streamers on the handle bars..a horn…name plate…and a little flag on the back! It was awesome!!!! I also remember one Christmas when I was in high school and I ran into a lady at a store a few days before the Holiday…she was returning all of her gifts she had purchased because there had been a family emergency and it required all of the money they could muster up. I remember this overwhelming feeling of desire to help her..but i didnt have enough money to buy all of her gifts back..or to give her anything monitary at all…. so I went up and asked her if I could pray for her and she said yes. We stood there in the middle of a Kmart…and we prayed together. I never knew what the situation was or if it really even mattered to her..but I know that THAT year…my favorite gift was being able to be pray for her and her family…right where she was, broken and all. It was such a HUGE blessing to me…and I carry it with me every year.

So…in the spirit of giving..we have TWO contest going on this December! The contest will run  from Today, Dec. 1st….until Dec. 15th and here is how you play and what your playing for!!!!

1st: Tell me best gift you have ever received!!! It can be funny…it was be serious…it can be selfish…it can be giving…no matter what it is, just TELL ME!!! The best gift story will be rewarded with a little help for the holiday cash crunch with a $100.00 Target Gift Card!!! Who doesnt love Target….dont answer that Katie Moore..I know you think they are communist! Hehehehe. 🙂 Email all of your stories to melissa@melissapepin.com

2nd: In an effort to reward all of those who have been good ALLLL year long…we are basing THIS part of the contest on people who comment on our blog! if you HAVE ever commented..or PLAN on ever commenting…THIS is the time to do it! We will pull every comment we have received this year (remember..you still have time to comment..this thing isnt over until Dec. 15th!!!) and we will put the names in a hat for a random drawing for a $50.00 itunes gift card…I love the gift of music, so we are spreading some of that love your way! No need to email me on this one…just post your comments here or on some of our other posts and your in for the prize!

P.s. This contest is open to EVERYONE so…have fun and I cant wait to see what you guys come up with!!!!

1. Jess $ says:

Um, this is awesome. And I loved your gift story!!

2. Jill says:

Yeah baby!!! I am all about some gift cards!! 🙂 Great idea friend….I better win! j/k 😉

3. abbey says:

hi! can I enter!! ha ha!!
    I am still in shock that Katie does not like Target!!!!!!!!

4. Traci says:

I love the photos of the bride with the black curtains in the background. When I meet Mr. Right, you’re definitely taking my wedding photos! 🙂
    Okay…I commented – yay, now I can win!!!

5. Meredith McD. says:

Great contest idea!!!
    xoxo
    P.S. I’m in town this wknd…it’s my burf’day…

6. laurie says:

hi my name is laurie and i wanna be just like you when I grow up..will you be my firend? hehehe now can a girl win someun (that was nc talk for something)

7. katie says:

Okay, first of all, I love SHOPPING at target as much as the next guy, but in college I interviewed for a job there and they took me through a bunch of underground tunnels and put me in a cell with a bright light hanging over my head while six different people interrogated me roughly. And the worst part was….I wasn’t applying for middle management or anything to deserve this third degree…..I was interviewing for the 2am stocking shift! Now if they aren’t commies… who is?

Second ot all…I plan on cooking up a good Christmas story because 1) I love Christmas stories, and 2) I love Target gift cards…

8. katie says:

Also…can I just say that that Christmas tree icon at the top of this post is hideous… That is all.

9. Jill says:

Our friend Katie likes to exaggerate…if you couldnt tell 🙂
    Oh, and I like the tree 🙂 It looks like it came from Dr. Seuss!

10. Kelly McMichael says:

What a great way to get out your web site. The pictures look great. BTW- Abbey rocks 🙂

11. Stephanie - Laurie's Friend says:

Melissa – I totally understand your facination with TWILIGHT. When i started the series a few months ago – I was hooked and couldnt get off. I got my mom into the seriers too – and she said “them vampires would chase her all night long.” LOL Of couse she was hoping they would catch her. I hope you enjoy the last two books as much as i did. But dont rush it, b/c once its over, its over. Also, her other book “the host” is really good, so pick that one up too if you have time. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

12. katie says:

I’m just picking on Melissa about the christmas tree icon….don’t take me too seriously. It reminds me of all the cheesy forwards my mom sends me…you know….”Make a wish on this christmas tree…scroll down…send this to 50 peoplpe who love you and all your dreams will come true!”hahahahaha

13. Courtney says:

Hey Melissa!
    I love your blog and seeing all the families and people sharing their lives with you. What a blessing – that it is your job! I pray that God will continue to bless your ministry and your work.
    Blessings,
    Courtney (friend from Wilmington, NC)

14. Benjamin Bryant says: